IAPO was officially created in 1995, in Argentina, with approximately 400 founding members. Initially, this organization was Latin American, but fifteen years later it has undergone such an expansion that it is no longer restricted to the boundaries of our American continents. It has more than 7,800 associates on five continents and is the largest existing pediatric otorhinolaryngologic society. A multidisciplinary society, its otorhinolaryngologists, pediatricians, pneumologists, immunologists, infectologists, speech therapists have a scientific interest in improving their knowledge in this area of subspecialty.
Use this opportunity to renew the annual membership dues US$ 60 or become a member of IAPO. By doing so:
1. You will receive the new IAPO’s Pediatric ORL Manual (the XVII Manual).
With 288 pages it contains 23 chapters written by distinguished specialists. Some examples are:
- The Healthy Kids Movement: Getting “Healthy” Children Off of Prescription Medications & Out of the Medical System
Julie L. Wei and Luiz Bellízia Neto
- The Neonatal Microbiome: Early Colonization and Implications for ENT Infections
- Youth Olympics.
Hugo Aníbal Rodriguez, María Laura Scatolini, Juan Augustín Rodriguez D´Aquila and Matias Etcheverry
- Pediatric Ankyloglossia.
Jonathan Melong, David Forner and Paul Hong
- Pediatric Salivary Gland Neoplasms.
Krystal Y. Kan, P. Ryan Camilon, Alex Valentine and Jessica R. Levi
- Management of Cervical Lymphadenopathy in Children
Taylor B. Teplizky, Joshua A. Thompson and Kevin D. Pereira
- Periodic Fever, Aphthous Stomatitis, Pharyngitis and Cervical Adenitis (PFAPA) Syndrome: Update and Future Perspectives
Nose and Sinus
- Pediatric Rhinosinusitis in Latin America
Jaqueline Alvarado and Pablo Stolovitzky
- Pediatric Rhinosinusitis
Dana L. Crosby and Henya Sandhaus
- The role of Immunomodulators Therapy in Chronic Rhinosinusitis.
Michell L. Heuermann and Dana L. Crosby
- The Role of Endoscopic Sinus Surgery in Pediatric Chronic Rhinosinusitisa.
Zachariah K. Chandy, Jessa E. Miller and Jivianne T. Lee
- Inferior Turbinate Surgery in Children.
Abhilash Balakrishnan and Ng Adele Chin Wei
- Surgery of the Hypertrophied Turbinates in Children
Noah Shaikh, Daniel O´ Brien and Hassan Ramadan
- Respiratory Viruses in Acute Otitis Media – Pawing the Way for Otopathogens.
Johanna Nokso-Koivisto and Alessandro Danesi
- Nasal Microbiota Profiles and Chronic Otitis Media with Effusionn.
Rebecca Walker, Carlos A. Camargo Jr and Jim Bartley
- Nasopharyngeal Microbiome Analysis in Healthy and Otitis-prone Children: Focus on History of Spontaneous Tympanic Membrane Perforation.
Francesco Folino, Miriam Fattizzo, Camilla Tafuro, Luca Ruggiero, Stefano Aliberti, Sara Torretta and Paola Marchisio
- The Otoscope and Beyond: Contemporary Emerging Techniques for Otitis Media Diagnosis.
Tal Marom, Oded Kraus, Nadeem Habashi and Sharon Ovnat Tamir
- Causes of the Mystery Ear Pain (Otalgia).
Hearing and Communication Disorders in the XXI Century
- Auditory Development in Children with Hearing Loss: A Current Review.
Patricia L. Purcell, Blake C. Papsin, Sharon L. Cushing and Karen A. Gordon
- Congenital CMV infection and Hearing Loss.
Aparecida Yulie Yamamoto, Adriana RT Anastacio, Eduardo Tanaka Massuda and Marisa Marcia Mussi-Pinhat
- Auditory Neuropathy Spectrum Disorder (ANSD).
Signe Schuster Grasel and Roberto M. O. Beck
- Auditory Processing and Language.
Berenice Dias Ramos, Maria Inês Dornelles da Costa-Ferreira, Mariana Cardoso Guedes and Ana Maria Alvarez
- Hearing Loss in Congenital Infection by Zika Virus.
Mariana de Carvalho Leal and Danielle Seabra Ramos
2. IAPO App to smartphone and tablets available to Android and iOS.
3. IAPO offers its internet website. We have around five thousand visitors per month, from different countries, as it is available in three languages. Visit our website, the largest “virtual library” in pediatric otolaryngology. The manuals are available for download!
4. WHAT´S NEW. Member Management System: Access IAPO´s website, locate the item BECOME A MEMBER, and follow the instructions to register and pay the annual dues. The payment can be made with credit cards: MASTERCARD, VISA or AMERICAN EXPRESS.
5. Special lectures and meetings (IAPO podcasting): are exclusive for IAPO members who register or renew their dues using the Member Management System on IAPO´s website. The podcasts can be seen at the website according to a monthly schedule for 2017. Programs for the lectures will be available at www.iapo.org.br.
6. IAPO´s Newsletter: contains periodical information – quality updates, and what´s happening in pediatric otorhinolaryngology. Available only for members registered in the Member Management System.
7. The Health Promotion Program is available at www.iapo.org.br: This program has also developed some material to aid medical follow-ups and treatment of small patients with ear, nose, or throat problems. The program also includes an educational project – Beto and his Gang – which includes brochures and leaflets for the lay population, talking about varied subjects in pediatric ORL. They can be downloaded so that you can also hand them out to your patients!
8. Schedule/programs for scientific events including national and international important events in the field – is also available at www.iapo.org.br.
9. Certificate of membership. You´ll receive a beautiful certificate to hang on the wall of your office.
10. Special discounts on symposia and scientific events sponsored by IAPO.
Become a member
To be a physician, speech therapist and health professional.
The annual dues are R$250,00 (Brazilian Reals – about U$ 60 dollars). If you need to calculate the exchange rate to your local currency, access http://br.finance.yahoo.com.
Access our Member Management System here and follow the instructions to register and pay the annual dues. The payment can be made with credit cards: MASTERCARD, VISA or AMERICAN EXPRESS.
To join the association, update your data or in case of doubt: talk to us.
Rua Mato Grosso,nº 306, 15º andar – conj. 1511 B, Higienópolis, São Paulo, SP, 01239-040, Brazil.
Telephone numbers: +55 (11) 3283-3396 / 3283-4645 / 3259-4112 / 3255-7630 / 2114-6510 / 2114-6511
FAX: +55 (11) 2114-6512
Vera Santos email@example.com
Join us! You will always be welcome!
Thank you all,
General Secretary – IAPO